October 26, 2007

dubai adventures..

Of course the german tried to get information’s about the Afghan Consulate in Dubai but an address was not to find online.

So without an idea where to go I ask for a Hotel closed to the Terminal 2, were all the flights to disgusting or dangerous places on this planet start. And of course they knew where the afghan consulate is. Wonderful!! But I needed some sleep before going to that place without knowing what to expect. I was prepared for a fight to get my visa on the same day because my flight to Kabul was already booked for the next day. But surprisingly everything went very smooth. I had to pay 90$ (luckily I had enough money to pay the hotel and the visa and could even effort to have a little Indian dinner after the job was done).

The only problem was that this consulate was in the desert, somewhere at the ass of Dubai and I had to wait 6 hours before passport pick up. Well what to do? I walked around in the hope to find a mall and escape from the heat.. oh how much would I wish to sweat like this again!!

So I walked and walked and the only thing I could find was a business fair. Of course we are Dubai!! But after some more walks I found a little shop, where I could get some milk and a coke to give my body back what I just sweated out!

I went back and after a little power game of the officer “Madame where is ticket? “ “which ticket?” “Flight! We need flight ticket” “Sorry, I don’t have it here, it is in the Hotel” “we need ticket or we can not give passport! Go to Kham Air office to get proof” “where is the Kham Air office?” A finger points out in the dessert. I go out and look around, no office in sight.. of course not we are in the ass of Dubai! I go back “Sorry, I can not see an office” “Ah is ok we checked with airline” He hands me my passport with a fatherly smile. Welcome to Afghanistan! I tried and he accepted!

Unfortunately i made not a single picture. I went back, had a beer in the bar and went to sleep with my fellow Agnes!

No comments: