October 26, 2007

at work

lots to do.. so lets hurry..
rita queen of speed
Posted by Picasa

I am supposed to monitor a mobile theatre project on drug abuse awareness and work on peace building through theatre.. for that I will create a "train the trainer program" on participatory theatre and monitor another mobile theatre.
Basically I have less than two month to wrap up a project that started in April by another german, who gave a fuck about outcome or maybe had no clue how to manage a project. In any case he did basically nothing I could work with now. So I gotta pull something out in the next 7 weeks. Luckily someone started already with the theatre thing, they are already rehearsing, so I have only to monitor that one, write the proposals & give workshops and monitor the other theatre performances.. the final reports will be fun, with all the bits and pieces and budget reports.. blaeh.. but lets not think about that now..

There is a lot to be done so lets have fun!!


The best part is the "boys club":
this time I have a driver, who speaks german and is a big buddy of the guy who messed up this project.. this time I have an assistant, who speaks english and is a big buddy of the guy who messed up this project.. this time I have only man colleagues, who speak mainly dari and pashtu and who loved the guy who messed up this project..
the german is entering the biggest boys club ever (after mediothek) and is listening to the stories of the "outgoing" hero..
well I introduced myself as a dictator.. because now we are coming to work in time, following some of the rules from the DED, write lists and reports and follow deadlines!!

Here is a fab example for last weeks "getting to know the situation":
My assistant who is a medical doctor, has no clue about theatre, is getting tons of material from me to get into the basics of theatre understanding.. he sits down and translates some words.. i gave him some material to read in the hope he would find his way into the theories of theatre.. i go closer to the paper and read "shaving" "thighs" "hips" "boops"!

(doctor seb)
the following conversation took at least 20min.. i give you the essentials:

R- "what words are you translating?"
Dr. - "the words from your text"
R - "why don't you translate those in your free time and translate the you really find in my texts you can translate here, while you get paid by the DED?!"
Dr. - "mhmmhmm, yeah this are the words that i found in some of the medical texts i red last night .. i wanted to understand better"
R. - "sure, but why don't you translate those when you have finished the work that i gave you?"
Dr. - "Yeah i will tell my friends in the chat that i will translate them later"

afghan man.. always have an answer.. never grow up..
fabulous if you are in a good mood..
under pressure? i am going to hurt him!! a little :-)



No comments: