October 26, 2007

an ordinary day in kabul



The morning starts with a wonderful view in the garden of my big old pal Timur jan!

Since i have this powerful oven, the first thing i am doing is to start this wonderful flames!


I have to leave the room.. brr.. to get my morning coffee and get some morning sport done.. otherwise i will be stiff and look like a butterfly fatty when arriving in the wonderland..

Than follows the hardest part. Go into the deep frozen bathroom and UNDRESS!!

The water is warm - only if we had electricity the night before.

Therefor I managed to wash my hair only ONCE so far.. I know that sounds terrible! And it was.. itchy!

Anyway, in afghan style, I fill up some water in a basket and woosh woosh finish as fast as i can!

germans would call it cat wash.. i call it kabul wash..

the morning pick up arrives with the nicest driver on the planed.. he warms up the car for me because i am ALWAYS freezing..

now i have 20 minutes to warm up while he is driving us through this incredible city..
we arrive at the DED office and before the work starts I have a coffee with the germans!


than I change cars and go with "my" driver to my real work place
the FCCS


to be continued!!


No comments: