December 15, 2007

another ugly morning..

I woke up at 8.00 to have a saturday in office.. since i have so much to do and only 3 more working days i thought i would sacrifice my saturday in l'atmo to get things done together with my doctor.
On my way to the kitchen i hear the first bang.. loud this time.. so i say good morning to my new wonderful house mate and we are sure to have time for a coffee together before the curview is lifted again.. usually you have to stay at least 2 more hours at home after an explosion..
but than the second explosion is surprising us and the 3rd one makes clear that this are bad once..
so i call my driver to stay home and my doctor to check on him..
he is already on the street and out of breath.. telling me that he almost reached the office but then the rockets hit into our little market.. the one were i got my second hand coat and shoes and were we get the apples and the bread every morning..
he tells me that it is impossible to reach the office and i should stay home for the rest of the day.. the doctor himself goes back home..

a rocket attack in the middle of the city.. right in front of my office.. jeeeezzzusss i really want to get out of here..

anyways now i am at nabils office.. around the corner from my house.. with internet and electricity it is more likely for me to get some work done..

here are the news of today.. not a happy day..


Five dead in Kabul rocket attack
Afghan police try to carry the rocket tubes after the explosion in Kabul on Saturday 15 December 2007
The rockets were smuggled into the city under a load of hay
A rocket attack near the Kabul governor's residence has killed five people and injured five more.

The blast, which happened at 0820 (0350GMT) on Saturday, was heard throughout the Afghan capital.

A car parked near the house, contained five rockets, but only two detonated, firing up to 20 metres across the street and falling short of buildings.

The governor was unhurt. Initially officials had said the incident was a suicide car bomb attack.

One rocket was apparently fired by remote control, a press officer for the Ministry of Interior said.

The rockets had been smuggled into the city under a load of hay.

Earlier in December, the Taliban carried out two suicide bombings in Kabul, killing 13 people in one attack.

In September, 30 Afghan soldiers were killed when their bus was attacked in Kabul.

No comments: